As usual, there are quite a few good property investment deals on in December. Why is that you will ask?
The reason is human nature! A combination of early dark nights, cold and wet weather, winding down the Christmas festive season makes home owners and property investors alike want to think of something else rather than selling or buying property.
This is therefore an excellent time to buy property for investors: they will get a good deal as sellers want to go into holiday season knowing that they have secured themselves a sale! Wouldn’t you be the same if you were in their shoes?
A few critical factors will impact your negotiations as a property investor and you may want to plan for the following:
– How will you get your mortgage offer through if staff levels are lower in the different banking centres?
– Will your mortgage broker, bridger or private lender be on holiday?
– Will your solicitor be able to start the searches or write your agreements?
– Is your builder working during the holidays and ready to give you a quote for the refurbishments you plan to do?
– Letting and estate agents are winding down. Stafftalk is all about presents and parties! Will it be difficult to compete with that?
Check out Rightmove and Zoopla for the following:
– ‘To be SOLD before Christmas’, ‘This seller has REDUCED’, ‘EXECUTIVE HOME in PRESTIGE LOCATION’, ‘Be quick to view. NO ONWARD CHAIN’.
– ‘Act now! As this vendor is open for offers in order to find a serious buyer before Christmas ….. Convenient Location’
– ‘Act now! As this vendor has reduced the price in order to find a serious buyer before Christmas… Guide price £150,000 – £160, 000’
– Look for new price reduction or several reductions in the past
If you know what, when and how to do it, then it is the best time to invest. You will also give hope to sellers, who want their problem solved. What a better way to enjoy your own end of year!